'Tis the season for produce bursting with flavor which makes these tomatoes extra sweet! Make your plate colorful with this quick and easy side dish. These tomatoes are topped with nutty parmesan, a kick from red pepper flakes and are bursting with deliciousness from the various Italian spices. While your protein grills, pop these in the oven, throw together a quick and easy summer salad, and you will have dinner on the table in less than 20.
Plan and Prep: Prep takes less than 5 minutes so this is a perfect side dish for quick meals.
Serving size: 1/2 a tomato
- Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Ground Basil
- Ground Oregano
- Ground Thyme
- Ground Parsley
- Ground Rosemary
- or sub all spices from Basil - Rosemary for Italian Seasoning
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper on it.
- Slice tomatoes in half.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with all the seasonings.
- Top with a tablespoon or so of Parmesan cheese (more or less based on how think of a crust you want.)
- Drizzle with a bit more olive oil and pop in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown and the tomato is tender.
- And Enjoy :)