I had a bunch of leftover spaghetti squash from a recipe I made earlier in the week, some chicken breasts that needed to be cooked and veggies that were about on their way out ... and so I created this bowl. I did my best to put the amounts of ingredients I used, but for this one, just get creative with it:)
Plan and Prep: Pre-chop veggies early in the week. Use a rotisserie chicken for quicker execution or use leftover chicken breast from a previous meal. Roast or microwave spaghetti squash, scoop out and store in the fridge.
- 4-6 Ounces of chopped chicken breast (bite size pieces)
- 1 cup of Spaghetti Squash
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Chopped Veggies of Choice (I used bell pepper, grape tomatoes, onion, and zucchini)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of Italian Seasoning
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh Herbs - I used parsley because that is what was on hand.
- Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese
1) Heat a skillet on medium heat, add oil and diced chicken breasts. Season with salt, pepper, italian seasoning and garlic powder. Sautée until cooked through and remove from the pan.
2) Add onions and bell peppers, sautée until almost translucent. Add tomatoes and zucchini and cook for an additional couple minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Heat up stored spaghetti squash in a microwave safe bowl while the veggies cook.
4) Top squash with the veggies, chicken, fresh parsley, parmesan and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Enjoy!