I was looking for a quick and easy lunch and a way to use up some hard boiled eggs from Easter. I love deviled eggs so took the ingredients I typically use when making those and created this Egg Salad. It is nice and creamy from the combination of Greek Yogurt and Mayo, packs a little heat from cayenne pepper, a nice crunch from the celery and green pepper, and a little sweetness from the pickle relish. This is great served over a bed of spinach to up your veggie intake or on top a piece of toasted Ezekiel or Whole Wheat bread.
Meal Plan and Prep: To make assembly a breeze, hardboil, peel and store eggs in the fridge until ready to use. Pre-chop green pepper and celery.
- 5 Chopped Hardboiled Eggs (My mayo and yogurt measurements are based on 5 eggs and the wetness I prefer. Feel free to add more or less based on your preferences.)
- 3-4 Chopped Stalks of Celery
- 1/2 Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Relish
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne (less if you do not prefer a lot of heat or omit altogether)
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt or to taste
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Mayo
- 1/4-1/3 cup of Greek Yogurt
Directions: Add all the ingredients together, mix and enjoy!
Macros: 18g P, 15F, 6C (This is 1 serving of egg salad over 1 cup of spinach.)