Here is quick and easy one pot meal that is packed full of protein and vegetables. I love the flavor that the spaghetti or marina sauce adds to this soup. It gives it a little sweetness and makes the texture silkier. This is also a great recipe to use up veggies that are about to go bad in the fridge. For the meat I used grass fed ground beef but you could sub with ground turkey or chicken. With a little bit of prep, this soup only took me 10 minutes to make!
Plan and Prep: Pre-brown meat earlier in the week and store it in the fridge until you are ready to use it. Pre-chop onions and any other veggies you plan on throwing in. I used frozen veggies so that saved me on a step. You could also make this soup earlier in the week and reheat on the stove for quick and easy meals.
- 2 Potatoes Cubed and Peeled
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 jar 30 Ounces of Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 Cups water
- 10 ounce can of Beef Broth
- 1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes (I used one with green chilis for a little heat)
- 1 bag of frozen veggie mix (Mine had carrots, green beans, corn, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder (Add more depending how you like it.)
- 1 tsp sugar (omit if you want)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Brown the meat, onion, celery and garlic together (During this step, I also season my ground beef with salt, a garlic pepper mix, onion and garlic powder for more flavor.)
- Add spaghetti sauce and water to blend.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes.