This has to be one of my go to dishes for emptying the fridge of veggies and protein. It is delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Meal Plan and Prep: Pre-dice onion, bell pepper and sweet potato on meal prep day. It will stay fresh in the fridge for a few days when stored in glassware. This step alone will save you tons of time when ready to execute! Use up any protein that is precooked or needs to be cooked. This is great with leftover corn beef, ground beef, steak, or pulled pork.
- 1 Large Sweet Potato or 2 Cups peeled and diced into bite size pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of Coconut Oil
- 1lb of Chorizo Sausage Links (casing removed) I also love to make this dish with bacon (8 slices), Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage (1lb), Ground beef (1lb), etc. Anything I have on hand will do!
- 1 Large chopped Bell Pepper
- 1 Medium Onion diced
- 4 Tablespoons of Water
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
(Other add ins: spinach, zucchini, diced carrot, mushrooms, etc.)
- In a large skillet brown the meat on medium high until cooked through and then remove to another bowl.
- Add a teaspoon or 2 of coconut oil to the pan and sauté onion and sweet potato for about 5 minutes or until they start to get tender.
- Add in bell pepper and sauté for an additional few minutes.
- Pour the meat mixture back in and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the water, cover the pan and cook until sweet potatoes are tender. (About 15-20 minutes)
- Fry eggs in a skillet
- Top hash with a fried egg, a sprinkle of fresh parsley or cilantro, some chopped scallions and a dash of hot sauce.