I am definitely a fan of regular oatmeal but this oatless version is a nice change of pace from it. This is perfect for breakfast or post workout to fuel up on carbs and protein. Add a scoop of protein powder to boost the protein intake. It is delicious topped with a scoop of peanut or almond butter, fresh berries and some additional sliced banana. It would be great too with some craisins, shredded coconut and a drizzle of honey.
Meal Plan and Prep: There really isn't a good way to prep this in advance but it is a great recipe to use up super ripe bananas so you can plan for that!
• 1/4 egg whites (2 egg whites)
• 1/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (Regular milk would work well too!)
• 1 TBSP ground flax
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
• 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
• 2/3 medium banana
- Mash the banana.
- Mix the remainder of the ingredients together with the banana.
- Spray saucepan with cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into a pan and set stove to medium high heat.
- Stir frequently for about 3-5 minutes until the mixture starts to puff up and becomes a fluffy like consistency.
- Top with whatever you like and Enjoy! (Almond butter and berries taste great.)