Changing it up for lunches this week and on the menu is curried chicken salad. It's packed with lean protein from the chicken and additional protein from the yogurt, good fats from the mayo and nuts, and nutrient dense carbs from the apple and celery.
Meal Plan and Prep: Boil chicken and shred. Or save a step and buy precooked diced chicken or a rotisserie. Buy pre-chopped nuts and prechop celery. And then, it's just a matter of assembling.
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1/3-1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (this depends on how wet you like the salad)
- 1-2 T of Mayo (this depends on how wet you like the salad)
- 2-3 stalks of Chopped celery
- 1 large chopped apple
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped nuts (I did a mix of walnuts and almonds)
- 1-2 teaspoons of yellow curry powder (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- Mix everything together, pack in individual tupperware for lunches, and you're ready for the week!
- Serve in a honey wheat wrap, on toast or boost that micronutrient intake and have it on a bed of spinach.
- Other add ins I like are golden raisins and purple grapes.