It's been a little too chilly for outside grilling, but I've really had a craving for grilled burgers! Using my grill pan is always an option but that also creates a smokey kitchen and a greasy stove. This baked version not only satisfied a craving but was easy to execute with very little prep and clean up!
We served ours open faced with a fried egg, Siracha and avocado on top. But get creative! You could make a pizza version with pizza sauce, green bell pepper, pepperoni and mozzarella or Mediterranean with hummus, olives and sun dried tomatoes. Yum!
Meal prep and plan: Pre-patty burgers early in the day or even the night before to save a step when ready to bake.
- 1lb of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon or 2 worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Gently mix ground beef, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and seasonings. Form into patties. I made approximately (3) 6 ounce burgers. This would also be great with a 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce or steak sauce mixed in instead of the worcestershire.
- Spray a cooking sheet lined with tin foil with nonstick spray. Place burgers on the sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until you get an internal temp of 160.
- Get creative with your toppings and Enjoy!