Cauliflower "Fried" Rice
This dish has become one of my new go to quick and easy meals to make! This "rice" is packed full with nutrient dense food. Tons of good protein from the chicken and eggs, micronutrients from the cauliflower, carrots and peas, and tons of flavor from the fresh ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce. I have that problem where I make my recipes up and forget to measure, but in case you are someone that likes to follow one, I did my best to put the amounts below!
Meal Plan and Prep: Make a huge batch on Sunday and pack for lunches throughout the week. Enjoy!
1 cup of Cauliflower rice (I buy it pre-riced in the frozen section) feel free to add more than 1 cup!
1 4-6 ounce chicken breast - diced into bite size pieces
1-2 scrambled eggs
Frozen peas and carrots
Teaspoon of Fresh ginger or a sprinkle of ground
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Soy sauce to taste
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a skillet and toss in chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook a few minutes per side until cooked through. Remove chicken from the skillet.
- Add scallions and fresh ginger and sauté for a couple minutes.
- Next throw in the Cauliflower rice and sauté for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add peas and carrots, soy sauce to taste, and sesame oil. Cook for a couple more minutes then add chicken back in.
- Create a well in the middle, add eggs and scramble.
- Once cooked through serve topped with some fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts, siracha or anything else you like!